COVID-19 Employee Procedures
As cases of Coronavirus (COVID-19) continue to grow in our footprint, we want to share our formalized response plan. While this is not a time to panic, we are taking this situation very seriously as the health and well-being of our STERN Team is our highest priority. While this situation is constantly changing, we are committed to keeping you informed of our policies. As part of our response plan we want to follow the following guidelines:
- Limit in-person meetings as much as possible
- Drivers should not congregate in office/shop/warehouse areas.
- Maintain social distance recommendations of 6 feet or more
- Should you experience symptoms of COVID-19 or come in contact with someone infected please notify your manager immediately.
As a reminder, advise teams and counterparts to please continue to take the following precautions to help prevent the spread of germs and this virus:
- Stay at home when you are sick, except to get medical care.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you sneeze or cough.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. In the absence of soap and water, use alcohol-based hand sanitizing wipes or gels that contain at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Utilize disinfectant at work and away from the office
- Politely avoid hand-shake greetings.
If a STERN Employee is showing COVID – 19 or Flu-like symptoms you should:
- Advise that employee to self-quarantine, seek medical attention for 14 days and get tested for COVID – 19.
- That employee’s work area should be closed off and cleaned immediately.
- If that employee is a driver, his truck should be placed out of service and the inside cleaned immediately. After the cleaning is complete, the truck can be put back in service.
- Notify management of the situation.
- Anyone that the employee has come in contact with must be notified. (Co-workers, terminal personnel, customers, etc.)